Saturday, February 22, 2014

Japanese Cleansing Oils: Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil Vs Shiseido Tiss 2 Way Off Oil

Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil & Shiseido Tiss 2 Way Off Oil
A few months ago, I decided to get back into using cleansing oils as part of my nighttime beauty routine and I picked up Kose's Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil and Shiseido's Tiss 2 Way Off Oil from Watsons. Prior to this, I went through a stage years back when I used DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil, which I enjoyed at the time. 

Both the Tiss 2 Way Off Oil and the Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil are of a more watery consistency compared to the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and perhaps because of this, I find them easier to spread and massage onto the skin.  The Tiss 2 Way Off Oil and the Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil can both be used when your hands/face is wet, so it's a slightly different type of formulation compared to the traditional cleansing oils.

In terms of effectiveness and functionality, the Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil and the Tiss 2 Way Off Oil are pretty on par.  Mineral oil is the main ingredient in these two cleansing oils and I don't find that it breaks me out.  I find both of these cleansing oils gentle on my skin and they provide a good cleanse without stripping away the oils. 
Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil Ingredient List
Tiss 2 Way Off Oil Ingredient List (Japanese only)
The most noticeable difference between the the two cleansing oils is that the Tiss 2 Way Off Oil has a light citrus scent while the Softymo is totally scent free.  The quantity of the Tiss is slightly higher (230ml) whereas Softymo is 180ml.  Pricewise, I bought each of these cleansing oils for under NT$300 (US$10), which is only about half the price of the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil.

Overall, if you've used and enjoyed DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil, I would recommend you trying out the Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil and the Tiss 2 Way Off Oil. I thoroughly recommend both.

Have you tried either of these cleansing oils? What's been your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment